Medusa Careers 2024 hiring freshers for the Senior Software Engineer. This comprehensive beginner’s guide will walk you through everything you need to know, from the recruitment off campus drive process to the required skills, responsibilities and selection process. Discover what it takes to land a rewarding role developing solutions on Medusa industry leading platforms.
Medusa had its first commit in 2020, raised the first round of capital in 2021, and became the largest open-source ecommerce project on GitHub last year. Today, Medusa counts an 8k developer community, has crossed +1M npm downloads, and has raised $9M in funding. Yet, we are only just getting started.
Until now, our 15-person remote team has been fully focused on developing a suite of open-source backend modules for core commerce logic such as carts, customers, products, and order management. These have been adopted by thousands of developers from high-impact companies in over 40 countries.
The next big product leap is building the foundational layer for our future monetization mechanism with our upcoming orchestration and workflow tooling. You will play a central role in shaping and developing this new product area.
Job Role: Senior Software Engineer
Qualification: Bachelor’s / Masters degree
Batch: 2023 / 2022 / 2021 / 2020
Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Location: Remote
Last Date: ASAP
Job Notification Join us on Telegram: Click here
Building our commerce orchestration engine
Today’s commerce stacks are often complex and span multiple systems that each play a role in serving the end-customer experience. Yet, most companies are left on their own to build the middleware that orchestrates and coordinates actions across these systems. We want to change this.
Our next major goal is to develop an orchestration engine that allows companies to seamlessly coordinate and control workflows across multiple systems, which may include our commerce modules or their own systems.
This orchestration engine will manage complex workflows with transactions spanning several potentially distributed services. Working directly with our founding team, you will help shape how we structure some of the core parts of this new product domain and own implementation of these parts end-to-end.
Examples of what you could build
- A transaction orchestrator managing atomic operations across distributed services.
- A workflow builder to define and build the steps in a distributed transaction.
- A query engine to read, filter, and sort data living in distributed data stores.
- A product module that includes all business logic related to product information.
- A conditional pricing engine to calculate prices based on dynamic contexts.
Who you are
- You have worked for more than five years with backend engineering.
- You absolutely love a good developer experience.
- You can navigate the ambiguity and changing priorities that come with early product work.
- You always provide candid feedback to your colleagues and are receptive to the same.
- You comfortably lead projects end-to-end.
Working at Medusa
Medusa is a 100% remote organization with a team distributed across European and US East Coast time zones. We are a small team of 15 people, and we move fast. In your role, you will be exploring a new, exciting product area of Medusa and working closely with our founding team to shape it. This means you need to be comfortable under uncertainty and be ready to take up a lot of responsibility from day one.
What you get
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Generous options package as an early team member – in the best 10% among peers.
- Autonomous work. You control when and where you work.
- Fully paid WFH setup and support of other amenities.
- Two off-sites per year.
- Health coverage in the US.
What we value
We are tackling the problems that no one else in our space has dared to. At Medusa, you’ll work hard to solve some of the most complex challenges in engineering.
We build exceptional tools so other companies can build exceptional products. Everyone in our organization is passionate about our mission and eager to deliver their best work.
We help our colleagues succeed. Give candid feedback. Tell them what they did right and what they can do better. Only this way can we improve.
If you are interested in joining our small, hard-working, and passionate team, please send your CV and application to [email protected].
Let’s build a generational company together.
How to Apply For Medusa
If you are interested in the Medusa off campus drive 2024, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Apply now: Click Here
© 2024 – Tech Comp Reviews