Google’s detailed guide covers various aspects of the Technical Solutions Engineer role open at a major global technology. It provides insights into the job responsibilities, required qualifications and skills, selection process, and application method. A useful resource for technology professionals interested in this promising career opportunity.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics. It has been referred to as “the most powerful company in the world” and as one of the world’s most valuable brands due to its market dominance, data collection, and technological advantages in the field of artificial intelligence. Google’s parent company Alphabet Inc. is one of the Big Tech companies, alongside Amazon, Apple Inc., Meta Platforms, and Microsoft
Company Website: www.google.com
Job Role: Technical Solutions Engineer
Qualification: Bachelors or Master’s Degree
Experience: Freshers (0-1 Years)
Batch: 2019 / 2020 / 2021 / 2022 / 2023
Salary: 14-21 LPA(Expected)
Job Location: Bangalore
Last Date: ASAP
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers own our customer issues in addition to providing level two support to our other support teams. In this role, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes, and documentation. Additionally, you will be required to work in a shift pattern or non-standard work hours as required, this may include weekend work
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer problems through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer challenges on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported challenges, and building tools for faster diagnosis so we can identify and resolve future challenges quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple Product and Engineering teams to find ways to improve the supportability, products, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Work as part of a team of engineers/consultants that globally ensure 24-hour customer support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience building developer tools that improve developer velocity, code quality and code health (e.g., compilers, automated releases, code design and testing, test automation frameworks).
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience advocating for customer needs.
- Experience with cloud based Serverless and developer tools technologies.
- Experience with one or more of these solutions: Google App Engine, Cloud Function, Cloud run, or open source software communities.
- Experience with Web or Mobile App Development.
- Knowledge of core data structures and concepts: MVCC, CI/CD Pipelines, HTTP Protocol, Web frameworks, and common Web Technologies.
- System/Network Administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or other operating systems (from Kernel to Shell and beyond, file systems and client-server protocols
The Google Software Engineer selection process for Graduate Technical Solutions Engineer off-campus recruitment includes the following stages:
Online Application and Screening
Visit the Google Careers page and submit your application for the relevant job role along with your resume. The recruiting team screens all applications and shortlists candidates for the next round.
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete an online coding challenge or technical assessment to demonstrate relevant skills for the role they have applied for.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessments are scheduled for one or more technical discussions focused on computer science fundamentals, database concepts, system design etc.
Candidates who successfully clear the technical interviews appear for a human resources interview. The HR round evaluates your overall job fitment, strengths-weaknesses, salary expectations and organizational culture alignment.
Candidates who clear all the previous interview rounds are made a final job offer based on interview performance, profile match, and business requirements. The offer letter includes compensation details, job location and joining date.
How to Apply for Google
If you are interested in the Google off-campus recruitment drive, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, login and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Apply now: Click Here