At Dyson we are focused on solving the problems that others have ignored; solving them first using our technology and ingenuity. In order to achieve this we need to pioneer technologies that are different and authentic. This is the core of what we do and who we are. We must strive to create the future, every single day by developing new things, different things, things that go against the grain with a diverse and global team of ingenious minds.
Dyson employs over 14,000 people and is present in more than 80 countries. And while we are growing fast we want Dyson to remain a start-up in spirit with the freedom of experimentation and learning, constantly reinventing our products as well as reinventing how we work, how we sell and how we support our owners. At the same time we are working through the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson Award and Dyson Institute to inspire future engineers and pioneering a new approach to engineering education.
Job Role: Junior Data Engineer
Batch: 2024/ 2023 / 2022 / 2021 / 2020
Salary: up to ₹8 LPA
Job Location: Bangalore
Data & Analytics at Dyson
Data and analytics excellence at Dyson is delivered by a diverse and collaborative global community, at the heart of that community is a hub team that enables all others: In Dyson’s Data Analytics team, there has been significant investment into cloud technologies and tools; combined with an expansive scope and no shortage of ambition and momentum, Dyson Data Analytics team is recognised throughout the organisation to the highest level as critical to all of Dyson’s strategic objectives.
With a ‘one-team’ approach, the global community is on a mission to:
- Evolve existing solutions to stay ahead
- Embed emerging solutions to capitalise on potential benefits
- Deliver conceptualised & future solutions to introduce net-new capability
As the ‘hub’ team delivering the data, technology and community provision enabling Dyson’s global data and analytics capabilities, Dyson Data Analytics team have end-to-end responsibility for data from foundations (DQ, MDM) to management (data platforms, integrations), to value realisation (analytics enablement and delivery).
Dyson Data and Analytics team is a multi-disciplinary, global team providing round-the-clock development and operations – including product and project management, community enablement, governance, data architecture, data engineering, data science, and analytics expertise.
Involved with every aspect of Dyson’s global business – from finance to product development, manufacturing to owner experience – the team is seeking to deliver solutions generating impressive and tangible business value.
At Dyson, Data Engineers are Software Engineers specialising in building data intensive applications.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering Data Engineering excellence in the end-to-end delivery of complex data engineering projects and programs for Dyson
- Reviewing technical designs and providing feedback
- Designing and building end-to-end data solutions for analytics
- Migrating existing pipelines onto the platform
- Involve in deployment, testing activities with hands on engineering and automation experience including CI/CD/CD and DataOps mindset
- Adapting quickly to change in requirements and be willing to work with different technologies if required
- Develop and maintain data pipelines in a Backend/Distributed Data Systems team while remaining hands-on is very important
- Strengthening data quality and reliability
- Improving data lineage and governance
- Progressing standards and best practices for the platform and operational excellence
- Maintaining our documentation culture
The ideal candidate will
- Have 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Write clean code that can be easily understood by others
- Be able to understand and improve legacy code
- Identify and build abstractions and tools to solve recurring challenge
- Apply best practices and ways of working among our global data engineering team
- Provide constructive feedback through PRs and pairing
- Seek to close gaps in documentation
Our Tech Stack
Our modern data stack constantly evolves over time as it strives for best-in-class technical capabilities, scalability and efficiency. We don’t require applicants to have experience with all these technologies, but are always keen to learn and maximise best use of each and as a whole
- Git for source control management
- Terragrunt for infrastructure as code
- GCP for infrastructure
- BigQuery for data warehousing
- Apache Beam and Python for ELT (Extract Load Transform)
- Airflow for orchestration
- dbt (SQL) for data modelling
- Datadog for monitoring
You Should Apply If
- You feel strongly about data and want to empower the organisation with it
- You seek technical excellence and is self-driven and motivated
- You want to build robust, scalable and reliable software and solutions
- You have experience with SQL and strong programming skills in a modern language (Python/Kotlin/Java/Scala)
- You are comfortable writing production grade software that solves problems often presented with ambiguity
- You proactively identify challenges and opportunities, and seek to improve the team as a whole
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.
How to Apply For Dyson
If you are interested in the Dyson off campus drive 2024, here is the application process to follow:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the official career page.
- Click on “Apply”.
- If you have not registered before, please create an account.
- After registration, log in and fill out the application form with all the required details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application form after verification.
Apply now: Click Here